photo newhome_edited-3_zps5962b12e.jpg photo newourstory_zpsf073a085.jpg photo newbentley_zps168d1445.jpg photo newtutorials_zps66ef6aa2.jpg photo newrecipes_zps02d1320c.jpg photo newbabybreakdown_zps334c5301.jpg photo newfreebies_zpsf63f4fc8.jpg photo newsponsor_edited-3_zps4e991e0b.jpg

3.29.2013

IMG_7545

One thing you may not know about me is I love cinnamon. Seriously anything with cinnamon, I love! And this cake is no exception :)

I'm sharing with you one of my favorite recipes of all time. And I'm not joking. This is a recipe that my mom made for us every year since I was little but only on special occasions. Think Christmas morning and Easter. I would even ask for it on my birthday! Trust me, that means it's good! Now that I've started my own family we continue this tradition and will be having this for Easter breakfast as well.

There are a few reasons why I love this recipe:

1. It's the best thing ever.

2. This recipe can be made ahead of time. You heard me,  made ahead! Even frozen if you want! So, on Easter morning when you have everything else in the world to worry about, breakfast won't be one of them :)

3. It's the best thing ever.


Cinnamon Coffee Cake

1 C. Butter or margarine softened
2 3/4 C. Sugar - divided
2 t. vanilla
4 eggs
3 C. Flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 C. (16 oz) sour cream
2 T. Ground cinnamon


1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla.

2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
4. Spoon 1/3 batter into a well greased bundt pan. 
{I usually make this in a bundt pan but it can also be done in 2 loaf pans. If you are cooking it in a loaf pan bake it for around 40 minutes or until cake tests done}

5. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1/3 over batter in pan.

6. Repeat layers 2 more times.

7. Bake at 350 Degrees for 70 minutes or until cake tests done.

8. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. 
(Prayer might help at this point)

10. Let cake cool completely. 
Serves 16-22

Enjoy!



26 comments:

  1. I think I'll be making this with in the next couple of weeks...yum! Maybe for conference weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely fabulous! I may have to make it for Easter morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm!! Looks so good! And the best part for me (and my laziness) is that you can make it ahead of time and it still taste good! Yes, Please! New GFC follower :-)
    Have a great weekend!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never say this. and i just want it to be known that i'm saying it in the most sincere way
    but

    oh.
    my.
    heck.

    CINNAMON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super yummy!
    Can't wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like it might be the best thing ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soooo good! I might have to try it next Easter, instead of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! So glad we found your blog, it's adorable :D

    Jamie & Kristen
    IDontGototheGym.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks amazing I have to try it soon.

    xo Meg<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, it is one of the best things ever! It looks like friendship bread, do you know what that is? The batter that you pass around. Anyway this bread is now on my ever expanding list of things I must make :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG it looks so yummy!!
    I hope you have enjoyed your Easter holidays hun!!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks soo good! I'm going to have to try making this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picture and this is one of my favorites for sure. Yours looks like it turned out great. Hope you have a great week.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the easter eggs in the jar thats cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds good to me! And one of those great 'have on hand' recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that you can make this ahead and freeze it! So much easier than the recipe I am currently using. I'll have to try this out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yum. And you photographed it perfectly!!

    p.s. (no pressure), but I nominate you for a Liebster Award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness! this looks SO YUMMY. totally makes me hungry right now. :)

    hope you're having a great weekend!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I looove coffee cake! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that cinnamon coffee cake sounds just amazing! i love bentley's bed head and his mustache onesie is absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks amazing!! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your blog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am going to have to make this bread ASAP. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You might have one of THE cutest babies that I have ever seen...Beautiful little family ;) I go through phases of cinnamon love. Sometimes I crave ALL things cinnamon and sometimes I am eh. I think I would eat that coffee cake no matter what though. It looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete