photo newhome_edited-3_zps5962b12e.jpg photo newourstory_zpsf073a085.jpg photo newbentley_zps168d1445.jpg photo newtutorials_zps66ef6aa2.jpg photo newrecipes_zps02d1320c.jpg photo newbabybreakdown_zps334c5301.jpg photo newfreebies_zpsf63f4fc8.jpg photo newsponsor_edited-3_zps4e991e0b.jpg

8.13.2012

Rosette Wreath Tutorial


I was going through my blogger drafts and realized I had never posted this tutorial!! It's about a year belated but better late than never right?! I have been a little M.I.A. as of late due to our sweet new baby Bentley but I promise... updates to follow shortly :)

Okay... I have a serious obsession. I have an obsession with wreaths!! Yes it's true, I just can't seem to get enough of them. But it could be worse right?!

When we moved into our apartment last summer it was brought to my attention that apparently, the apartment committee was working to revoke the right to hang wreaths on the doors. Huh?? It made no sense to me and we haven't heard anything since but either way, my wreath is going no where.



Last spring I saw this gorgeous wreath from the House of Smiths {shown here} and knew I had to try and re-create it! I worked on it every night after getting home from work for about a month but it was definitely worth all of the time that it took to make.



I love it!!! This wreath is hands down one of my favorite things I have ever made and save Christmas, this baby has been up all year! One of these days I'll bring myself to make something new but for now.. this wreath has a special spot in my heart :)

Here is what you will need:

Crepe Paper 
(I just did pink but the color possibilities are endless!)
Ruler
Glue Gun
Styrofoam Wreath 
(Any size will do. These can also be made with styrofoam balls as well! I did a bunch of red, green, and white ones at Christmas to decorate around the house)

1. Measure out the crepe paper into 24 inch strips. Do a TON of these before hand that way you won't have to stop as often.

2. Crush each strip (so it gets a little crinkly). Roll each crepe paper strip up so it creates a rose. Use a few dots of glue as you are rolling to help keep it together. Again, do a ton of these!! I found that I would roll what I thought was a lot and by the time I glued them all on, it was only about a 10th of the whole wreath. This is the most time consuming part of the project but it will all be worth it in the end :)

3. Glue the completed roses to the styrofoam wreath. I didn't do it in any particular pattern or order. Just as close together as I could to cover up the styrofoam since it was green to begin with.

Once you have finished you can either hang it from a ribbon or what I did was glue a piece of ribbon to the back so my wreath holder could pick it up.

Now you have a gorgeous Rosette Wreath :)

2 comments: